One of the most popular sandwiches served for breakfast in many cafes around the world. Quite easy to prepare, fresh vegetables, chicken filet, bacon and cheese. This sandwich can be a great breakfast or snack during the day. It is advisable to cook chicken filet on the grill, then it will give an amazing taste to the sandwich.
- Grill: charcoal, kettle-style, kamado, and even electric will work.
- Skillet or any other frying pan.
- Saucepan. You will use it to marinate the chicken.
- Foil lined pan
- Measuring cups and spoons.
- Cutting board.
- Paper towels.
- Meat pounder.
- Plastic food wrap.
Step by Step Instructions
- First, you need to marinate the chicken filet. To do this, mix soy sauce, honey, oil, lemon juice and pepper.
- Cover chicken filet with plastic food wrap and lightly pound with a wooden or metal hammer. This is done so that the pieces have the same thickness.
- Then very carefully rub the filet with the mixture, put it in a saucepan and pour the remaining marinade. Leave to marinate for 1-1.5 hours, turning the filets periodically, for a uniform coating with marinade.
Prepare the mayonnaise
While your chicken marinates, you can prepare mayonnaise.
- Prepare all the ingredients of homemade mayonnaise. First of all, take out the products from the refrigerator and leave for 30 minutes. All mayonnaise ingredients should have the same temperature.
- Carefully separate the whites from the yolks and put them in the refrigerator. They can be used later to make cakes or desserts. Whisk the yolks with a whisk or mixer (2 minutes).
- If you want to give the mayonnaise a more piquant taste and aroma, peel the garlic and pass it through the press. Add to the yolks in a bowl along with mustard, sugar and 1 tbsp vinegar (lemon juice).
- Whisk with a mixer at high speed for 3 minutes. Then step by step (literally drop by drop) pour in vegetable oil.
- When half of the oil remains, pour in the remaining vinegar (lemon juice) while you continue to whisk. Gradually add all the oil. The consistency of the finished mayonnaise should be tender, homogeneous, dense. Before serving, put the mayo in the refrigerator.
This mayonnaise can not only be used as a dressing for sandwiches but also for cold meat or fish snacks. And this dressing is also suitable for vegetable sticks — an ideal (and healthy) dish for watching your favorite movies.
Grill the chicken
- When chicken is marinated. It is time to grill it. Cut tomatoes cut into circles or half rings. Then remove a piece of filet from the marinade (one-by-one), make two cuts diagonally, without cutting through the meat to the end, and insert tomato slices into each cut. If necessary, add a little salt, but it’s a matter of taste because soy sauce already gives saltiness to chicken.
- Heat the grill and rub it well with vegetable oil so that the filet does not stick to it. Grill chicken breasts for 4-5 minutes with a closed lid. Then turn the filet and grill for additional 4-5 minutes from the other side.
- During the time the chicken is on the grill, you can cook bacon and toast the buns.
- Preheat the skillet on medium heat and cook bacon. When the bacon is crispy remove it on the paper towels, don’t remove the bacon grease, put the buns, cut side down, on the skillet and toast for about 30 seconds or less so they would not burn.
- Put the cheese on the chicken filet and let it melt with the lid closed (it will take around 1 minute).
- Then remove the chicken from the grill and put it in a foil-lined pan. Cover the pan with the lid and let the filet rest for 10 minutes.
- Take the buns and spread the homemade mayonnaise on cut sides. Take the bottom bun and then place onion slices, pickles, and tomatoes. Then put the chicken, after layer of bacon and lettuce on the top. Cover with the top and your amazing chicken grilled sandwich is ready. Bon appetit!
How long do I really have to marinate the chicken breasts?
One or two hours would be enough. But if you want your grilled chicken to have a toothsome and distinctive taste, we recommend leaving the marinated chicken overnight.
What is a safe internal temperature for cooking chicken breasts?
Chicken is considered safe if the thickest part of the chicken is heated up to 165 °F. You can check it by using a food thermometer. We suggest using ThermoWorks ThermoPop thermometer.
How do I toast the buns if I don’t want to use bacon?
If you don’t eat bacon, you can use butter or any vegetable oil instead. Just grease the cut side of the buns and toast in a skillet for about 30 seconds. Get sure that they will not burn.
What if I don’t have a grill?
If you don’t have a grill, that is not a problem. You can use the skillet for cooking the chicken breasts. Add 1 tbsp of vegetable oil (olive one will work well) and heat the skillet to medium temperature. Place a chicken filet and cook with a closed lid for 4-5 minutes from one side and 4-5 minutes from the other side. Chicken breasts are ready!
Serving Size 1
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 419
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 11g17%
- Saturated Fat 2.2g12%
- Cholesterol 92mg31%
- Sodium 982mg41%
- Potassium 453mg13%
- Total Carbohydrate 39g13%
- Dietary Fiber 2.1g9%
- Sugars 7.1g
- Protein 40g80%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.