We want to offer you a salad recipe that uses eggs. This is a classic egg salad. It’s delicious on its own. But it is especially good with crackers, chips, lettuce leaves (wrap the egg salad in salad leaves), in sandwiches using bread or various tortillas (tortillas, pita, naan). Moreover, scientists have agreed that eggs are very healthy, even the yolk, which until present time was out of favor by nutritionists. Green onions are easily replaced with chives, red or regular onions. Instead of cucumbers, you can use chopped green olives or capers. Use spices according to your taste. And bacon can be replaced with ham or not used at all. By the way, if you take wholemeal bread and egg salad with capers, you will get very tasty, savory sandwiches with a “twist”.
How to make eggs for a breakfast sandwich
In this recipe, you would need hard-boiled eggs. In order to avoid overdoing eggs and, as a consequence, the appearance of a dark stripe around the yolk, put the eggs in cold water, bring the water to a boil, wait a minute and turn off the heat. Leave the eggs in the cooling boiling water for 6-7 minutes, then pour out the boiling water, and pour cold water over the eggs.
How to make an egg sandwich spread
- Peel the eggs and cut them into small cubes. Finely chop the celery, removing coarse fibers if necessary. Chop the green onion, dill and lettuce. Mix the eggs and herbs.
- Separately mix mustard, vinegar, mayonnaise, salt and pepper dressing. Put half of the dressing in the salad and mix. Gradually add the remaining part, mixing the salad well – there should not be too much dressing.
- Boil the eggs
- Make an egg salad spread
- Lightly brown the bread in a toaster or oven
- Spread the salad on 4 slices of bread
- Cover with the remaining pieces of bread, pressing them lightly
- Cut the sandwiches in half diagonally
Tips for the best Egg Salad sandwich
- If you need to store ready-made sandwiches for more than 1 hour, prepare them a little differently. Mix eggs with green onions and celery with dressing and put on bread. Put the salad with dill on top and cover with a second piece of bread. This way lettuce leaves will remain crispy much longer.
- If you are going to take a sandwich with you, wrap it in foil. In this form, it is perfectly stored for several hours, for situations of “getting out for a picnic” or “having a snack somewhere on the go” — it is a great meal. Tested (and more than once) on our own experience.
Serving Size 1
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 406
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 28g44%
- Saturated Fat 5g25%
- Cholesterol 198mg66%
- Sodium 799mg34%
- Total Carbohydrate 27g9%
- Dietary Fiber 2g8%
- Sugars 4g
- Protein 11g22%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.