How to Make a Pinwheel Sandwich
Pinwheels are fun, moreover, there are quick and simple to make. To make a pinwheel sandwich you need to follow these easy steps:
- Spread cream cheese or hummus on a tortilla
- Put the ingredients on top of the cream
- Tightly roll into a spiral
- Slice into 1-inch thick pinwheels
- Pinwheels are ready to serve!
Pinwheel Sandwich Variations
There are a lot of variations of pinwheel sandwiches. You can create your own pinwheel sandwich with ingredients that you like. Here are some ideas that you can try.
Rainbow Vegetable Pinwheels
In this variation, the main ingredients are colored veggies and chickpeas. Simple and quick to make. These amazing pinwheels are versatile for any occasion: BBQ parties, birthday parties, get-togethers or simply an office lunch.
Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels
Add a buffalo chicken to your pinwheel and you will have an amazing version of a pinwheel sandwich. Yum!
Caesar BLT Roll-Ups
Simple and delicious solution! Bacon, lettuce, tomato, Caesar and cream cheese. Great appetizer or hearty snack.
Hatch Green Chile Chorizo Pinwheels
Chorizo sausages, chile peppers and cream cheese rolled up in a tortilla. What can be better?
Cranberry Cream Cheese Pinwheels
This appetizer is an absolute hit! Cranberries with cream cheese, pecans, green onion and shredded cheddar. It sounds delicious, now imagine the taste!
Herbed Chevre Spinach and Salmon Pinwheels
Easy to make and too tasty to share! Smoked salmon, chevre, oven-roasted garlic, fresh chives and baby spinach. That’s all you need for perfect lunch!
What can be better than a cheeseburger? You are right a cheeseburger pinwheel! Your family would love it and this variation would be on repeat.
Taco Pinwheel Sandwiches
A truly amazing and delicious variation of pinwheel sandwiches. Taco meat, cream cheese, taco seasoning mix, shredded cheddar cheese, green leaf lettuce and black olives. It is very tasty and very easy to prepare!
Another amazing idea for your pinwheel. Softened cream cheese, pineapple chunks, thinly sliced green onion and deli ham. We have friendly envy if you try it for the first time!
Cheesy Pinwheel Sandwiches
As you see from the name, this story is about cheese. More cheese better it is! Cream cheese, sliced cured ham, and pickles. These pinwheels are creamy, crunchy and full of flavor!
Turkey Avocado Pinwheels with Thyme Dressing
Great combination of different ingredients. Avocado is a great addition to turkey and the thyme dressing would give these pinwheels distinctive taste! As a result, you would have a great appetizer without fussing in the kitchen!
Italian Pinwheel Sandwiches with Cream Cheese
Our favorite variation of pinwheels. These are truly the chef-d’oeuvre of pinwheel sandwiches. Must try!
The ingredients that you will need to make these sandwiches are:
- Flour tortillas
- Genoa salami, pepperoni, deli ham
- Softened cream cheese
- Italian dressing & seasoning
- Pepperoncini & roasted red bell pepper
To make the Italian pinwheel sandwiches you need to follow these steps:
- Take a medium-sized bowl and put the cream cheese, Italian dressing and seasoning, add pepperoncini and roasted red bell peppers. Mix until you smooth and creamy structure.
- Thoroughly spread a mixture of cream cheese on a tortilla.
- Take salami, pepperoni, ham, cheese, lettuce and layer them on top of the cream cheese.
- Roll into spiral and slice into 1-inch thick pinwheels.
- Your Italian pinwheel sandwich is ready to serve!
Tips for making Italian Pinwheels
- Make them in advance. You can put your pinwheels in plastic wrap in the fridge and serve them the next day.
- Use a sharp knife to slice pinwheels.
- Try to roll the pinwheel as tightly as you can.
- Pinwheels are more delicious when served with sauce.
- We suggest making different pinwheels if you are having a party. ( gluten-free, vegan, vegetarian and with meat)
Can you make pinwheels the night before?
Yes, you can. Just put your pinwheels in plastic wrap in the fridge and serve them the next day.
How do you keep pinwheels from getting soggy?
We suggest avoiding using wet ingredients, such as dressings, tomatoes and cucumbers. On the other hand, if the plastic wrap sealed not tight enough, the tortillas can get dry and crack.
Are pinwheel sandwiches cold?
Usually, pinwheel sandwiches are served cold. But today you can find recipes of pinwheel sandwiches made in the oven and many other variations.
What type of sandwich is pinwheel sandwich?
Pinwheel sandwich is a kind of sandwich wrapped in a tortilla (wrap-sandwich). This sandwich is suitable for a light snack, and will please those who do not really like to cook! Delicious, light, and simple to make.
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 111
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 9g14%
- Saturated Fat 4g20%
- Cholesterol 24mg8%
- Sodium 397mg17%
- Potassium 92mg3%
- Total Carbohydrate 3g1%
- Dietary Fiber 1g4%
- Sugars 1g
- Protein 5g10%
- Calcium 15%
- Iron 8%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.