Have you ever tried a liverwurst or liverwurst sandwich? We suggest trying this great and rather pleasant-tasting product. We’ll show you how to make a sandwich with liverwurst and vegetables.
Basically, liverwurst tastes like pâté. So you can substitute it with pâté if you don’t eat pork or have medical and dietary restrictions and can’t eat pork.
- Prepare the green herb butter (it can be prepared the day before, it is perfectly stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days): bring the butter to room temperature, finely chop the greens together with the stems, add salt, let stand for 2-3 minutes, pour olive oil and whisk with an immersion blender into a paste.
- Mix the paste with softened butter and whisk again until smooth. If you cook just before serving, put the green oil in the freezer for literally 3-4 minutes. And if in advance – put it in a container and store it in the refrigerator.
- Peel the sweet pepper from the seeds, cut the pulp into thin strips. Also slice the cucumber. Mix pepper and cucumber, add a little salt.
- Toast the bread in a toaster, spread the pieces on one side with green butter. Put the sausage on half of the pieces, sprinkle with a mixture of sweet pepper and cucumber, cover with the remaining pieces and serve while the bread is warm.
Recipe tips and variations
>Also, there is another great recipe for a liverwurst sandwich.
You will need these Ingredients:
- White bread – 1 loaf
- Liverwurst – 200 g
- eggs – 1 pc
- Cut the loaf into an even number of identical slices 0.5 cm thick.
- Spread half of the slices with liver sausage and cover with the remaining slices.
- Then moisten the sandwiches in egg beaten with salt, roll in breadcrumbs and fry on both sides in a frying pan with highly heated oil.
- Serve with lettuce.
Serving Size 1
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 599
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 35g54%
- Saturated Fat 14g70%
- Cholesterol 210mg70%
- Sodium 1602mg67%
- Potassium 75mg3%
- Total Carbohydrate 38g13%
- Dietary Fiber 3g12%
- Protein 27g54%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.