A hearty meat soup with a spicy paprika flavor! Hungarian goulash soup is the first and second course at the same time. It turns out thick, rich, with a lot of meat and vegetables. Different meat is used for goulash soup, in our case it is beef. The process of cooking is rather long but as a result, you get an unusually balanced taste with the delicious aroma of spices.
Steps to make Goulash soup
- Prepare all the ingredients.
- In a large cooking pot or in any dish with a thick bottom, heat the oil. Layout the sliced meat and fry until a light brown crust appears.
- Then add chopped onion and bell pepper, cut into small strips. Add salt and spices to taste.
- Cook for 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the wine, cover with a lid and simmer on low heat for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fry the potatoes cut into small cubes in a frying pan. It is not necessary to bring the potatoes to full readiness, it is enough that they will have a fried crust of medium density. It will not let the potatoes overboil during cooking.
- After 30 minutes, add the fried potatoes to the meat.
- Add water so that it completely covers the potatoes, adjust to salt and simmer all together for another 10-15 minutes. When the dish is ready, let it brew under the lid for about 10 more minutes.
- Then arrange the goulash on plates and serve it to the table.
- Bon Appetit!
Pro Tips for making Goulash Soup
- If you don’t have tomato puree, take the passata. You can also buy a can of canned tomatoes in their own juice and grind them with a blender. Or use 3 tablespoons of good tomato paste, adding water.
- Do not try to do it without wine – you will not get a piquant, charming taste.
- If you didn’t find marjoram, you can add fresh parsley and bay leaf before the end of cooking.
How to store this yeasted honey cake, and for how long?
The most right place to store honey cake is a refrigerator. Because it has an optimal temperature regime. There is no excessive humidity and direct sunlight.
At room temperature, a cake filled with cream cheese, soft cheese, and yogurt can be kept for 3 hours.
Cakes with dairy products fillings are not recommended to be frozen – after defrosting these products will lose their attractive appearance, the taste will also deteriorate.
How many people will this German honey cake serve?
The weight of the pie is 3 lb and it can be served to 10 people.
Can you taste the yeast in the cake?
Of course, you can. But you don’t need to worry that your cake will taste like bread.
Is the vanilla filling in this Bee Sting Cake recipe traditional?
No, this is a variation of the filling.
Since this cake requires yeast, does that mean there is rise-time involved?
Yes, you would need to wait two times and let the dough rise.
Serving Size 1
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 261
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 17.2g27%
- Saturated Fat 7.2g36%
- Cholesterol 52.2mg18%
- Sodium 727.2mg31%
- Potassium 541.8mg16%
- Total Carbohydrate 14.5g5%
- Dietary Fiber 2.8g12%
- Sugars 0.6g
- Protein 13.1g27%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.