These sandwiches are quite amazing. Moreover, they are easy to prepare. Just spend 20 minutes and you will have breakfast for the whole week. You can eat them on the go or you can pack them for your family members. Moreover, you can use any kind of ingredients that you like.
These freezer breakfast sandwiches have quite simple ingredients, and the variety and combination of them are endless. We will give you the ingredients for the simplest sandwiches.
Equipment for preparing sandwiches:
- Baking pan or non-stick cupcake pan (this will ease the process)
How to cook the eggs
There are several ways you can cook eggs to make Freezer sandwiches.
Preheat the frying pan, set the cooking ring and cook the eggs. Add salt, pepper and spices to taste. Place the fried eggs on a plate and set them aside.
Preheat the oven to 430°F to cook the eggs. Take a non-stick or silicone cupcake pan and brush with vegetable oil or butter. Crack a chicken egg into each recess. Bake in the oven for five minutes.
If you don’t have a non-stick cupcake pan, you can use a regular casserole dish. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Just whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper and pour them into a greased casserole. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
How to prep the other ingredients
How to make homemade patties
- Prepare the minced meat. Add salt and black pepper. Slightly pound on the bottom of the bowl. This is done so that the patties keep their shape when frying and do not “shrink”.
- Divide the minced meat into 5 parts. Roll each part into a tight ball. Take a cooking ring. Hands and work surface (where you will form patties) brush with vegetable oil. Place the meatball in the cooking ring. Distribute and tamp. Remove the ring. You should get round patties.
- Fry the patties until cooked in a convenient way.
How to make homemade buns
- In a large bowl, combine whole-grain flour with buttermilk. Add salt, sugar, and dry yeast. Knead the dough, it should turn out quite sticky. Leave it to rise for an hour in a warm place.
- Divide the dough into six equal pieces. Roll them into balls. To prevent the dough from sticking to your hands, simply grease your hands with vegetable oil.
- Each bun should be thoroughly rolled in corn flour. If you do not have it, then you can use breadcrumbs, which should be crushed as much as possible in a coffee grinder.
- Place the buns on a greased cooking sheet. Let them stand and get up. Buns should increase in volume at least one and a half times. Place the cooking sheet in a preheated ещ 355°F degree oven and bake for twenty minutes until ready. Remove the buns from the oven, let them cool and cut each into two equal parts.
Assembling the sandwiches
- Assemble the Freezer sandwiches. On half of the English muffin or homemade bun layer cheese, a pattie, and an egg. Cover with the other half of the bun.
- Place sandwiches in a baking pan. Put them in a preheated to 350°F oven for 3-5 minutes. Serve the sandwiches warm. Bon Appetit!
How to store and reheat these sandwiches
Storage of freezer sandwiches
First, you need to wrap these sandwiches. Wax paper or foil will work well. Wrap each sandwich individually. When sandwiches are wrapped you can put them in a freezer in an airtight container or freezer bag.
Also, you can keep sandwiches in the fridge. If you plan to eat them over the next few days. We suggest putting them in a freezer, this way you would be sure that they last longer and you don’t have to worry if your plans during the week would change.
How to reheat sandwiches
There are several different ways to reheat your sandwiches. If you store your sandwiches in a freezer, and you are planning to have breakfast with sandwiches, we suggest leaving them in a fridge overnight. This step is optional, and if you haven’t done that, no problem.
The fastest way to reheat your sandwiches is to microwave them. Unwrap sandwiches and microwave them for 1 minute (depends on your microwave). As a result, you should get your cheese melted, egg and patty are completely defrosted.
This method is not so fast as microwaving, but the warmth from the oven gives a special charm to sandwiches. Just preheat the oven to 400 °F and place your sandwiches (wrapped or unwrapped is up to you). 3-5 minutes would be enough.
Serving Size 1
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 210Calories from Fat 63
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 7g11%
- Saturated Fat 3g15%
- Cholesterol 100mg34%
- Sodium 580mg25%
- Total Carbohydrate 26g9%
- Dietary Fiber 1g4%
- Protein 12g24%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.