What could be better than croissants with almond filling? Only a croissant sandwich with a layer for every taste. Sweet and unsweetened fillings are placed between the two halves of air baking, combining a variety of ingredients: from simple eggs with vegetables to exquisite figs with brie cheese. It is the versatility of the dish that has made it so popular. Today, on the menu of almost every coffee shop there is a croissant sandwich that you want to taste while sitting on the veranda. And you can cook croissants at home, diversifying your favorite meal.
What kind of croissants to use
You can buy croissants for this sandwich, but we suggest baking them on your own. As a rule, croissants are made from puff pastry: airy and voluminous products are obtained from it. If you are not a fan of long-term work with the dough, bake croissants from the ready-made dough. If you choose a good dough in the store, it will turn out no less delicious.
So, we have decided what croissants to choose. Now we will deal directly with the formation of croissants. The technology is simple. Roll out the dough into a rectangle 3 mm thick and cut it into triangles (their size will depend on what size croissants you want to get). And then twist each triangle into a bagel, starting from the wide side. At the same time, do not forget to sprinkle the work surface with flour, even if you bought the dough. Grease the croissant blanks with egg, put them on a baking sheet covered with baking paper, and bake in a preheated 350 ° F oven for 25 minutes.
Filling for Croissant sandwiches
You can use any filling that you prefer, it can be a sweet filling, meats and hams, vegetables, seafood, or anything else. The most popular are sandwiches with gravlax, turkey, spinach, poached egg, with cheese and pickles or berry mousse.
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F. Put the croissants on a baking sheet and heat them in the oven for 5-7 minutes.
- Beat eggs with milk, thyme, and finely chopped onion. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut the tomato into quarters and lightly fry in a frying pan. Finely chop the tomato, season with salt and pepper, and add half a teaspoon of balsamic vinegar. Mix it up.
- Heat the butter in a frying pan. Pour out the egg mixture and immediately start mixing the egg mixture with a spatula in different directions in a chaotic manner, not allowing the egg pancake to grab a single layer.
- As a result of such simple manipulations, in just two or three minutes the scrambled eggs are formed into a kind of egg pieces and will be ready to be served on the table. Of course, everyone has different cookstoves, you may need more time to cook. The consistency of the scrambled eggs serves as a guideline. Egg pieces should grip well and dry out, become bold, but not ruddy!.
- Cut the croissants horizontally lengthwise. Put the sliced tomato on the bottom half, then thin slices of avocado and slices of ham. Put scrambled eggs on the ham and cover with the top half of the croissant.
Croissant sandwiches can be an independent dish, but you can serve them with different eggs (poached egg, cocotte eggs with salmon, omelet, or Orsini eggs), pancakes, crepes, biscuits, and drinks.
Make This Croissant Breakfast Sandwich in Advance
You can make these Croissant breakfast sandwiches for breakfast the night before, and just reheat in the morning. Alternatively, you can prepare all the ingredients in advance and when you want to make these sandwiches for yourself since they are very fast to cook.
You can pack the made croissant sandwich in plastic wrap or foil and put it in the refrigerator, this way it can be kept for up to 5 days. You can also freeze croissants, for this pack them in plastic wrap or foil, then put them in a freezer bag or Ziploc bag, this way you can keep them for up to two months. When you want to eat a croissant sandwich, just take it out and let it thaw overnight before reheating in the oven or microwave.
Serving Size 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 2304
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 140g216%
- Saturated Fat 56g280%
- Trans Fat 0.1g
- Cholesterol 468mg156%
- Sodium 6932mg289%
- Potassium 2360mg68%
- Total Carbohydrate 164g55%
- Dietary Fiber 13.6g55%
- Sugars 52g
- Protein 100g200%
- Vitamin A 284%
- Vitamin C 100%
- Calcium 108%
- Iron 88%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.