There is such a category of sandwiches in American cuisine: salad sandwiches. Moreover, salad does not mean a mountain of green leaves at all, but simply the main ingredient mixed with mayonnaise. The most typical of these sandwiches are a sandwich with canned tuna salad, a sandwich with egg salad, a sandwich with seafood salad and a sandwich with chicken salad, which will be discussed in this post. As is often the case in American cooking, such dishes can range from frankly disgusting (factory-made white “foam” never stale bread, unleavened dry hard chicken) to very cute (interesting bread from a good bakery, juicy, well-cooked chicken, bright fresh vegetables, homemade mayonnaise.) Today we offer you just such a “modernized,” “elegant version” of a traditional sandwich with chicken salad. It’s delicious!
How To Make Best Chicken Salad
First of all you need to bake a chicken in the oven.
To prepare baked chicken fillet, we will need chicken fillet (I have 1 pc.) and various seasonings: salt, pepper, herbs of Provence, paprika, basil, garlic. As well as olive oil and soy sauce.
Mix all the ingredients for the marinade in a bowl: salt, pepper, herbs of Provence, paprika, basil, garlic (through a garlic chopper). As well as olive oil and soy sauce.
We will wash the chicken fillet well and smear it with marinade. Leave to marinate for 20 minutes.
Put the fillet on foil, wrap tightly and send them to the oven, preheated to 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
That’s all. The baked chicken fillet for the best chicken salad is ready.
Now we need to take the baked fillet and start making the salad:
- Cut chicken fillet into large pieces, sweet pepper and celery into small cubes, green onions into rings.
- Remove the grapes from the bunch.
- Dry the almond petals in a dry hot frying pan.
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix mayonnaise, yogurt, apricot jam, mustard, dill, salt and pepper. Season the salad.
Steps to make Chicken sandwich
You can use toasted bread, ciabatta or baguette to make your sandwich. We prefer ciabatta bread.
- Cut the ciabatta in half and then cut each half on both sides, it should be like an open book. Put a few green lettuce leaves and thinly sliced tomatoes on one side.
- Put the cooked salad on top.
- Cover with the second part of the bread.
- Ready! You get such a hearty, healthy and delicious sandwich.
Serve on lettuce leaves with tomato halves, avocado halves, or make a chicken salad sandwich from homemade bread, crispy smoked bacon, ripe tomatoes and lettuce leaves.
- Bake the chicken according to the recipe above.
- Make a chicken salad.
- Put the salad on the bread.
Serving Size 1
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 273
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 14g22%
- Saturated Fat 4g20%
- Cholesterol 9mg3%
- Sodium 400mg17%
- Potassium 165mg5%
- Total Carbohydrate 7g3%
- Dietary Fiber 2g8%
- Sugars 4g
- Protein 4g8%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.