Cheeseburger sliders or mini-cheeseburgers are a suitable snack for home parties. These are sandwiches for a couple of bites: on a soft miniature bun there is a juicy beef patty, melting cheese, onions, pickles, the top of the bun is covered with a crispy topping of chopped potato chips with barbecue flavor.
The Best Rolls for Sliders
We suggest using Hawaiian bread. Absolutely amazing and perfect for the sliders. While the base of the sliders stays crispy, it is soft and tender inside.
The Best Ground Beef for Cheeseburger Sliders
We suggest using lean ground beef that contains 10% or 7% fat content. You can use beef that has a higher fat content, but you will be spooning out extra fat and liquid.
Tips for Making Hamburger Sliders
In this recipe, it is suggested to follow a quick and simple path and instead of making many small patties, bake one large one, then put it on the buns along with the rest of the components, warm it up in the oven and cut into sliders. Also, we suggest baking the sliders uncovered, so that the rolls don’t sweat and get soggy.
Regarding the sprinkling of buns, you can use sesame, poppy seeds, flax seeds, or even grated cheese (in small quantities).
And remember that in general, the burgers are almost ready and you do not need to keep them in the oven for a long time. When the sliders are well browned on top and the cheese began to melt, take it out of the oven and serve. If you keep it longer, the bun will become hard, all the juices will come out of the meat, it will not be so juicy and delicious.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, gently mix the ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt, 1 teaspoon of salt and 2 teaspoons of black pepper. Transfer the meat mixture to a lightly oiled baking dish, press it with your hands to get a flat layer. Sprinkle the chopped onion evenly; lightly press the onion into the meat.
- Bake the patty until lightly fried, 15-20 minutes. Let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Carefully remove the patty from the baking dish and put it on a cutting board or on a big plate; leave a few spoonfuls of fat in the form. Place the lower halves of the buns in a baking dish. Spread them evenly with yellow mustard.
- Put the patty on the buns. Then put the pickles on the sliders. Top with a slightly overlapping layer of cheese slices. Cover, lightly pressing, with the tops of the buns. Brush the tops of the buns with egg. Sprinkle with chopped chips. Return to the oven and bake until the cheese melts, another 15-20 minutes.
- Slice the burgers along the buns to divide them into separate sliders. Layout each slider and serve immediately.
What to Serve with Sliders
Sliders can be served as an appetizer, lunch, or main course. Here are some ideas, what to serve with sliders:
- Potato chips
- Chilled dill pickles
- Macaroni salad
- Onion rings
- Roasted sweet potatoes or grilled potatoes
- Pico de Gallo
- Seasoned roasted-corn salad
- Veggie platter with Ranch dip
How do you keep sliders from getting soggy?
We suggest spooning out the excess fat and liquid released from the beef and baking your sliders uncovered.
How many calories are in a bacon cheeseburger slider?
There are 380 calories in a bacon cheeseburger slider.
What is the difference between slider and burger?
The main difference is in size. Slider is a small burger or any small sandwich made with a slider roll.
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 161
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 8.3g13%
- Saturated Fat 3.6g18%
- Trans Fat 0.3g
- Cholesterol 27mg9%
- Sodium 250mg11%
- Potassium 109mg4%
- Total Carbohydrate 13g5%
- Dietary Fiber 0.9g4%
- Sugars 2.4g
- Protein 9g18%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.