Avocado is a great product that can be used in a spread such as Guacamole or even as a great sandwich topping. Avocado toast is a perfect choice for breakfast or branch. Moreover, avocado is a very healthy food product.
- Avocados are an excellent source of vitamins B5, E, K and potassium, and also contain lutein, beta-carotene and omega-3 fatty acids. For breakfast, you need about 1.5 oz of avocado, which is 64 kcal, almost 6 grams of fat and 3 grams of fiber. Avocado is also a great snack during the day. All you need is to choose a ripe product, peel and remove the stone, sprinkle it with lemon and eat it (with a whole-grain bread).
- Avocado in a menu is also eye protection from ultraviolet radiation, as the product contains lutein and zeaxanthin – two phytochemicals that are concentrated in the tissues of the eyes.
- Avocados contain folic acid, which can help reduce the risk of depression. There is also a lot of fiber in the product, which has a beneficial effect on the work of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Avocados have more potassium than bananas. 3.5 oz contains 14% of the recommended daily intake. Potassium normalizes blood pressure.
In this article, we will tell you more about this amazing fruit and how you can prepare delicious avocado toast.
Egg Avocado Toast
- Peel the avocado and grind it well in a blender.
- Add salt, pepper, olive oil and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Now prepare a poached egg. To begin with, put the water to a boil, and break the egg and pour it into a separate container.
- When the water boils, add salt and quickly stir the water in a circle with a fork to make a whirlpool. Quickly pour the egg into the whirlpool and turn off the stove. Cook the egg for 2-3 minutes. Then carefully take out a slotted spoon or skimmer. To prepare the second egg, repeat the steps above.
- Slices of bread are toasted in a toaster or pan. Spread the avocado paste on top and spread the egg. Lightly pepper the top and serve while the egg is still hot.
- Bon Appetit!
Caprese Avocado Toast
- Cut the avocado in half, remove the stone and grind the pulp to a puree, adding salt, pepper and lemon juice to taste.
- Toast the bread in a toaster or in a dry frying pan.
- Slice the mozzarella and tomatoes.
- Put the avocado on toast, add mozzarella, tomatoes and basil leaves.
- Sprinkle the toast with balsamic.
Salsa Avocado Toast
Tomatoes and fresh corn salsa give a Mexican touch to the classic avocado toast. To add a smoky flavor to the mixture, fry the corn on the pan.
- Combine tomatoes, green onions, jalapeno, corn and lime juice in a medium bowl. Season with salt.
- Using a fork, gently mash the avocado and spread evenly on each toast.
- Add tomato and corn salsa generously on top.
- Bon Appetit!
Smoked Salmon Avocado Toast
For this healthy and light breakfast, you will need to take just three steps: fry, spread, eat.
- Toast the bread in the toaster.
- Remove the avocado pulp with a tablespoon, mash it with a fork and sprinkle with lemon juice. Spread this paste on the toast.
- Put the smoked salmon on top.
- Bon Appetit!
Bacon and Eggs Avocado Toast
Here’s another great breakfast idea for you. Absolutely balanced flavor combination.
- Cut cucumber and avocado into slices.
- In a dry preheated frying pan, fry the strips of bacon cut diagonally in half. On both sides until golden.
Then spread the bacon on a plate with a paper towel to drain excess fat
- In the same frying pan, fry two fried eggs for a couple of minutes so that the yolk remains liquid. At the end, salt and pepper.
- Toast the bread in a toaster or pan.
- Put slices of cheese on warm bread.
- Top with a couple of slices of avocado and half of bacon.
- Next, we carefully lay out our eggs.
- Layout the remaining bacon, avocado and cucumber.
- Bon Appetit!
What about ingredients for avocado toast
How to choose an avocado and not make a mistake? In the case of avocado, always pay attention to its color. The hard peel has a light or dark green, or brown color, sometimes with small, light spots – without any dark or yellow spots or a sharp change in color. Originally, avocado is green. As it matures, the green variety becomes darker, and the brown variety changes color from light green to brown..
Testing for ripeness
You can determine the ripeness of an avocado by several signs:
- The avocado should have a dark green color without spots and cracks.
- The fruit itself should yield to a slight force when pressed with a finger, spring a little. The hard-stone fruit is green and tasteless. Too soft consistency and dark spots on the skin are a sign of over-ripeness and incipient spoilage.
- The pulp of a high-quality avocado is light green in color without brown streaks. Unfortunately, this can only be found out at home by cutting the fruit.
- Shake the avocado – the ripe stone should knock slightly. If there is no sound at all, the avocado is not ripe, if the “rumble” is too distinct, it is overripe.
- If you still bought an unripe avocado, you can give it a chance to ripen at home. To do this, put the fruit in a paper bag, add a banana or an apple to it, or both at once, close the bag and leave it at room temperature for 2-3 days. However, the trick may not work if the avocado is too green.
Best bread for avocado toast
You can make avocado toast with a slice of toast bread, but why? We suggest using whole-grain sourdough bread — with a pleasant sour taste and perfect structure.
Toast the bread
Of course, the simplest and fastest way to make a toast is to use a toaster, but if you don’t have one or it is broken, take it easy. You can prepare toasts in the oven, frying pan or grill.
Toast in the oven
Turn on the oven to the maximum temperature. If there is a grill mode, use it. While the oven is heating up, cut the bread into thin slices or open the package of ready-made toast bread. Spread the pieces of bread on a baking sheet in one layer, leaving a small distance between them. Put the baking sheet in the oven on the upper level. Keep an eye on toasts: from time to time turn the slices over with tongs, as soon as the toast has acquired a brown color, pull them out.
Toast in a frying pan
To make toast, you will need a thick frying pan. To make toast, you need to heat a dry frying pan and brown the bread over medium heat. As in the previous case, the slices need to be turned over often. If you don’t like the result, you can grease the slices of bread with vegetable oil on both sides with a cooking brush. The result may vary depending on the type of bread and the characteristics of the frying pan.
Toast in a barbecue grill
Toasting bread on a barbeque grill gives it a mouthwatering taste. Thin slices of bread are carefully laid out on a grate and greased with vegetable oil to get a crispy crust. Such toasts are prepared very quickly, so it is necessary to turn them over and control the process in order not to miss the moment of readiness.
Slice or mash
We suggest mashed avocado.
Wash the avocado, remove moisture from the surface of the fruit. Cut the avocado vertically. Divide the fruit into two halves. With a spoon take out the stone, with the same spoon we take out the pulp from the peel. If the avocado is of the desired ripeness, then the pulp is easily removed.
Knead the pulp with a fork, add a few drops of lemon juice and salt. Lemon and salt are very important, they reveal the taste of avocado.
Garlic is passed through a press and added to the avocado paste, a little olive oil, and ground black pepper. Mix everything, taste it. If necessary, add more salt and pepper.
Keeping avocados green
Storage of whole ripe avocado
In this situation, it is important not to allow the avocado to overripe and become uneatable. Therefore, it is necessary to limit air access to it by tightly wrapping it with cling film, putting it in a plastic container or in a special zip-lock bag, after releasing air from it.
Whichever of these options you choose, it’s best to put the avocado in the refrigerator. All these measures together will increase the shelf life of the product by 2-3 days.
Storage of sliced avocado
The main goal here is to prevent the oxidation of the pulp under the influence of air. This is an irreversible process that is triggered in the event of a violation of the integrity of the fruit, due to which the avocado quickly darkens and turns brown. To avoid this, there are several simple methods.
The most popular method is to sprinkle avocado with freshly squeezed lemon or lime juice. Apple or wine vinegar is also suitable for these purposes. The second method is to grease all open parts of the fruit with a thin layer of olive oil. This creates a sealed barrier that prevents oxidation. In both cases, it is better to put the avocado in a plastic container and put it in the refrigerator.
Another method is to put a coarsely chopped onion on the bottom of the container, and avocado on top. We advise you to put the half with the bone right on the onions and place the container in the refrigerator in the fruit department or to the back wall, where the temperature is usually lower.
This option is perfect for those who like to cook sauces and snacks based on avocado, we suggest freezing puree from this delicious and healthy fruit. This will help to preserve the maximum amount of vitamins and other valuable elements contained in avocados, as well as speed up the further process of preparing planned meals.
To properly freeze the avocado pulp, first, wash the fruit thoroughly, cut it in half and remove the stone. Peel the avocado, put the pulp in a blender and grind thoroughly until smooth. Then add 1 tablespoon of lemon or lime juice, mix again and place in an airtight plastic container, leaving free space, because when frozen avocado puree will expand. The puree prepared in this way can be stored in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Avocado Toast Bonus Tips
- If you are not going to eat all the sandwiches at once, add a little lemon juice to the avocado paste (or sprinkle the slices) – so the avocado will not darken.
- to prevent the scrambled eggs from spreading all over the pan, use a special circle cooking ring. Try to make sure that each egg is fried separately — this way it will be easier for you to assemble toast.
- cold-smoked salmon or sockeye salmon gives a significantly better taste than hot-smoked fish.